Tip of the Week: 10 Reasons You Should Eat Together as a Family
- Families who eat together develop strong parent-child bonds. Children are likely to talk and share things with their parents during the meal.
- Teens who regularly have meals together with their family are less likely to get into fights or be promiscuous.
- Teens who regularly eat together as a family are less likely to take drugs, drink alcohol, or smoke tobacco.
- Children with families that eat together do better academically.
- Families that eat together generally eat more nutritious foods, and children are less likely to be overweight.
- Children that are involved by setting the table and clearing the dishes learn important skills.
- Eating dinner together teaches kids manners. This starts with saying please and thank you, and sitting still – which is still a struggle for my daughters at 8 and 10.
- Kids associate having family meals together as having a more stable home environment. Thanks Mom & Dad, I totally agree 🙂
- Having family meals together can save money.
- They grow up so fast, it’s time to make memories…
– Frances, Mktg & Comm, wife & mom of 2