Five Quick Ways to Play with Your Food!
I know, I know, I can hear my mom and yours in the background saying, “DON’T play with your food!” But, if you have picky eaters in your family it might take a bit of creative thinking to get them to eat healthy.
Seeing as the summer is quickly coming to an end, apples will soon be in season. You and I know apples make a great tasting healthy snack, but if your kids are not too keen, a little playtime might help. Below are five examples of quick ways to make a boring old apple into something fun and exciting. My kids and I also used grapes and peanut butter to make these, but you and your family can experiment with your own ingredients!
- Smile – two apple section lips, white grape teeth, and a little peanut butter to hold it together
- Race Car – an apple section for the car, grape wheels, a grape headed driver, and again the “magic peanut butter glue” as my kids call it
- Turtle – a green apple half (with the stem as a tail), grape feet, a grape head, and peanut butter if needed
- Butterfly – thinly cut apple section wings on either side of a grape body
- UFO (my favorite) – a cross section of an apple with a grape alien in the middle
Graphic Designer & Marketing Associate and Father of Three