Dining for Two: Six Easy Steps
Do you love to cook? Are there two of you at home that enjoy trying new recipes and new flavors together? When you have a busy schedule and you don’t feel like cooking a large meal for just the two of you, don’t just settle for leftovers, frozen dinners, or cereal. It is the perfect opportunity to take a little bit of planning time and enjoy experimenting with new recipes, like this delicious apple pork chop recipe.
Try these six easy steps to make cooking for two easy, fun and healthy.
- Make a Plan: Each week write down a weekly menu.
- Stock the Pantry: Always have the essentials on hand, like canned goods and dried foods.
- Fill Your Freezer: Buy in bulk during sales and freeze in single portions.
- Cook and Freeze: Cook a larger meal and freeze leftovers in single portions for those busy nights.
- Prepare One-dish Meals: Cook a dish that has several food groups, like a chicken stir fry with veggies served over rice.
- Extras: Use food from previous night’s meals, such as cooking a whole chicken on Sunday and using the meat during the week to make burritos or a chicken salad.
Need additional ideas on cooking for two? Visit us on Pinterest for more recipes.
Bethany Clapper, Director of Development & Marketing and Mother of Two